Saturday 1 August 2020

Another case for Sherlock

AS my garlic roasts in the oven ready for dinner tonight, I thought I’d gather together a few things we must take with us when we go down to Manchester. No problem with the print out confirming our hotel booking. I add the hotel keys we accidentally brought home with us when we stayed last time. Next the A-Z of the streets of Manchester. Nowhere to be found. I try the bookshelf where it ought to be. No. Did we leave it in the car? It’s not in the glove compartment or in the slot by the passenger’s side. So where is it? Has our cleaner struck again?

 

One thing I am confident of it must be either in the car or in the house. We never took it out of the car when we were in Manchester last time so couldn’t have left it there. I shall have to get my private Sherlock Holmes on the go again.

No comments: