Sunday 16 August 2020

What a difference a day makes

The song has got it right. What a difference a day makes! The heat has finally broken. The day is grey, threatening rain at any time. It clearly rained overnight. I’ve thrown open the windows to let the cool into the house.

 

The other change is with the birds. We were just commenting yesterday the small birds seemed to have disappeared again. Today the feeder disappeared under feathers as the starlings returned & squabbled over the food.

 

For once we’re thinking of cooking hot food with relish. Admittedly we’re only thinking of doing fish fingers & chips, something simple.

 

The week ahead is going to busy. I have 4 hospital appointments. Most are at Kendal. The last is an afternoon telephone appointment from radiotherapy, the same day as I have an oncology appointment in the morning at Kendal. I can see it’s going to have to be a quick dash from one place to the other. I just hope we make it back in time.

 

No comments: