Monday 24 August 2020

The wait

And now I prepare for the wait.

 

So far today I’ve made up a turkey meatloaf ready to go in the oven this evening. I’ve par-boiled some potatoes for sautéing as an accompaniment to the meatloaf. I’ve rung the barber’s so the Fox can get his hair cut. I’ve rung the chemist to find out what’s happened to the limbo - it’s coming sometime this afternoon. I’ve rung the hospital to try & get a dermatology appointment for the Fox – his eczema has got worse for worrying about me. Apparently they are re-structuring dermatology & there will be no more appointments available until the end of the week at the earliest.

 

Now comes the real wait – for the district nurse. She can come anytime of the day, morning or afternoon. I just have to hang around & be available whenever she comes, assuming she does indeed arrive.

 

I hate waiting, especially when it is for such a long unspecified time. I can’t relax. This tends to cause muscles to tighten up which increases my knee pain. I normally try to settle to a jigsaw but the one I’m doing is not very satisfactory/satisfying. It was lent to me by a neighbour. It’s pretty well all green, a wood. The only break is a drive up the middle & some white picket fencing in the foreground. That got done pretty rapidly. Everything else is green. I’m finding I manage each day to put the odd piece in but the longer I look at it the less I see. It’s certainly not something to settle down to for several hours of wait.

 

No comments: