Monday 17 August 2020

A noisy quiet day

I thought today was going to be a quiet day. We had nothing planned though the Fox was hoping to pop along to the butcher’s to buy some chicken breasts.

 

It’s a wet day, conducive to quietness. However, now all hell has broken out. One of our neighbours is re-doing his driveway. Today is pneumatic drill day to take out all the old tarmac. I’m beginning to think it’s drilling through my head. It’s certainly not relaxing.

 

It’s a relief to pop into the kitchen at the back of the house. It’s another hot meal day. I’ve already par-cooked some potatoes for sautéing this evening. I’ll be getting some chicken thighs out of the freezer before too long. They’ll be roasted with some spiced coconut milk poured over them. Hopefully it will be tasty.

 

No comments: