Thursday 27 August 2020

Week two

Another bad night. The second dose of chemo seems to have made the neuropathy worse again. Today I was planning to ring the surgery about a second prescription to ease the neuropathy. When I talked to the doctor I told her the chemo seemed to be making it worse. I’m now on an increased dose of medication.

 

I told them at the hospital about my discomfort of Monday night. They looked at the huge tumour. I don’t think the nurses often see tumours. Most of the time the tumours are inside the body or in places that cannot be examined without privacy. With mine you just have to pull the neck of my upper clothing a little to one side. They boggled at the size. The most they could do was to recommend I put a lot of moisturiser on & hopefully the skin will become more pliable, less tight-feeling. I’m giving it a try.

 

I’m telling myself next week I’m seeing the oncologist again to discuss how I’m finding this form of chemo. A bit of me says I should persevere. After all I’ve only had two doses from a twelve week course. It’s too early for positive results. But I will admit I’m not comfortable. I don’t feel myself. I’m not sure how well I’m coping.

 

No comments: