Saturday 29 August 2020

Anticipation & frustration

I’m looking forward to the chicken the Fox is cooking this afternoon. The recipe calls for it to be poached in a traditional fashion. The Fox has decided to try to adapt the recipe & cook it in the slow cooker instead. It should be a one-pot wonder with the chicken cooking first, then potatoes & veg are added later. Some of the liquor is thickened to make a sauce. Hopefully the chicken should be beautifully moist, just falling off the bones. Mmm, mmm.

 

I’ve just been out in the garden. The bird feeders needed re-filling. In the process I discover some animal, probably a cat, has left some slop on the soil. Needless to say I hastily got a bag & did my best to remove it without getting anything on my hands. It is annoying the animal seems to have found a rare bare patch of soil, just next to the parsley, to do its doings. I used to love cats but these days, when our garden seems to have become the favourite loo for all the cats in the area, their appeal has sunk. I wish they could just use their own gardens for loos, not ours.

 

No comments: