Friday 28 August 2020

Some compensation

This seems to have been the week of compliments.

 

On Sunday we joined some acquaintances, fast becoming friends, at the golf club. She asked me which hairdresser I went to as my hair looked so good. I had to admit I hadn’t been to a hairdresser for over a year now. “But it looks as though you’ve come straight from the salon,” she exclaimed.

 

I’m not sure which is stunning people most – the silver colouring or the mass of curls. Personally I wouldn’t recommend the way I’ve gained both. The colour I was well on the way to before I got cancer, but the chemo seems to have brought out the curls.

 

After shopping on Tuesday we went down to the local pub to unwind before cooking dinner. Again my hair was admired. Again I was left bemused.

 

Yesterday we went to the village butcher for a chicken. Even he had to admire my new look.

 

I suppose there has to be some compensations for having cancer &, therefore, chemo. For the first time in my life I seem to be becoming a glamour puss!

 

No comments: