Tuesday 25 August 2020

Woozy

I’m not feeling at my best. I can’t quite decide whether it is the chemo finally percolating down into my system or what.

 

The district nurse turned up around midday yesterday. Not long after she left I got struck by a wave of wooziness. So mid-afternoon, when the Fox was back from his haircut, I decided a bit of a nap was the answer. I did indeed sleep for half an hour or so. And I did feel brighter for it.

 

After I’d made & eaten dinner, the wooziness returned. I went to bed still only 7ish. I spent the night partly asleep, partly very uncomfortable. My left shoulder/breast area, felt as though it was being stretched further than it ought to be. The PICC line in my right arm itched like nobody’s business. My stomach ached. My big toe on my right foot felt as though someone had stomped on it. And so I went through the night.

 

I feel guilty about leaving the Fox on his own so much but I’m just not up to doing too much more. Even this morning my stomach feels upset & my head is going round in circles.

 

I’ve peeled some spuds for dinner but I’m questioning whether I will want to do anything very fancy for a meal. Is it worth buying products that might go off at the supermarket if I’m not feeling up to eating them? How long will this discomfort go on for? I know an upset stomach is supposed to be the main side effect of this form of chemo, so is this the reason for this very peculiar feeling? It’s so unlike me. I usually have a strong stomach that can cope with anything. I’m surprised if it is the chemo it should have taken a few days to have percolated through. Surely I should have felt worse last week? Or is it a case of those 4 steroid pills I had for breakfast were offsetting the effect of the chemo & now I’ve finished the pills I’m feeling the upset tum? I can see I’ll be having a long chat when I go for my next dose of chemo later this week.

 

No comments: