Wednesday 5 August 2020

Renewed but waiting

And now we wait. We are uncertain about what we’re doing today. We’re hoping to do the shopping but until we get that negative result from yesterday’s tests, we shouldn’t go out of the house. The food shop isn’t desperate. We’ve enough to eat for a little while. It’s just we’d like to go back to our normal routine. For that matter it might have been nice to eat out & benefit from the government’s generosity.

 

And all this is over nothing. Yesterday the Fox had a reasonably sized meal of fish fingers & chips. He’s certainly getting back to normal.

 

The older I get, the more I’m convinced that when you’re over tired, over stressed, the body sometimes intervenes & says “If you won’t stop on your own, I will force you to stop”. Certainly whenever we get too stressed out & overtired, ill-health tends to intervene. The Fox will have an episode like Saturday’s or he’ll go down with a cold. If I’m lucky I get a cold, but I have been known to go down more dramatically, needing a stay in hospital. Whatever the ill-health is, it goes away as quickly as it came.

 

Before this incident the Fox was complaining about being overtired, not sleeping well, & yet not feeling able to just switch off & relax. Instead he worried about the next treatment for me, the next early appointment to drive me to, the next deterioration in my health as the cancer grows. He’s now had a few days to do nothing, except catch up on sleep & relax a bit & is feeling so much better, thank goodness. Now we just need that confirmation that we are well & can get back to normality & my treatment for cancer.

No comments: