Sunday 30 August 2020

Little things

The chicken was beautifully moist & tender. What I really loved was the tarragon in the sauce. I do love tarragon. The aniseedy taste reminds of my childhood, enjoying aniseed balls &, usually on holidays, pebbles (the sweets, not the stones). I think tarragon goes so well with chicken, brings out a difference of flavour.

 

Today the sun is shining. When I got up there was a definite chill in the air. We’re beginning to get the season of heavy dewfall, not quite frost, early on. However, the day is quickly warming up.

 

The starlings have already been for breakfast of chicken fat & skin. Little did they know I had some more in the house for later on. I’ve put that out now but I suspect it won’t last long.

 

Life is full of these little thing that make it special, no matter how well/able you are to get on & do.

 

 

No comments: