Sunday 23 August 2020

Roll on

I’ve finally got it prepared. We’re having a fancy sort of sausage roll for dinner tonight. Along with the sausage meat I’ve mixed in some grated carrot, courgette & mushroom for added flavour & moisture. It seems to have taken me ages. I used a ready rolled sheet of puff pastry to make that side of preparation easier. However, I soon discovered I had rather more filling than the pastry could roll over to seal so I had to remove the filling & roll the pastry out a bit thinner first. Now, at last the filling fits in the pastry. I’ve decorated the rolls with poppy seeds for another extra bit of interest. Now the whole lot sits in the fridge ready to go in the oven this evening. I just hope it’s going to be worth the effort of preparation.

 

I’ve not yet decided what veg to serve with them beyond some chips. Should I just fry up the remaining mushrooms? Or would some baked beans be a moister option with all that pastry? I’ll see what the Fox thinks.

 

No comments: