Wednesday 26 August 2020

No itch

It suddenly struck me, for all the discomfort of Monday night, one thing I hadn’t felt the need to do was scratch the back of my head due to the psoriasis on my scalp. Last night I had a feel around. I couldn’t even feel a dry scaly patch. I asked the Fox to have a look. He couldn’t see even so much as a red patch. It seems the chemo is doing the trick as far as treating the psoriasis. This happened last time. I gather chemo works by attacking the overproduction of cells, which is the cause of psoriasis as well as cancer. It seems a pretty drastic treatment for psoriasis but at least the chemo is working on some level.

 

After I finished my blog yesterday, I decided on another lie down. I must have dozed for about 3 hours. At least come the afternoon I could cope with doing the supermarket shop. We subsequently popped to the village pub to unwind before dinner. We bumped into some acquaintances we haven’t seen since the shutdown. I was duly complimented on how well I look.

 

I am now feeling more like myself. Whether I will feel like this after today’s dose of chemo is a different question. Here’s hoping.

 

No comments: