Friday 14 August 2020

Too hot

There is a freshness to the morning. I’m just hoping it lasts. However, the skies are pure blue so I expect it will turn hotter as the day goes on.

 

Above all I’m looking forward to cooking again. We’ve had salads for the last three days. We vary the meat/fish as well as the veg in the salad, but will still long for the variety of a hot meal. This week it has just been so hot – the thermometer on the shed read 31˚C while we ate our meal yesterday. I’ve been reluctant to put the cooker on to produce hot food that will warm us up & in the process will certainly warm up an already hot house. But today I’m beginning to hope for something better. Maybe I’ll finally get around to cooking that curry I’d planned for last weekend. We’ll just have to see how the day goes on. If necessary we’ll have to buy a few extra salad ingredients for yet another salad today.

 

No comments: