Friday 19 June 2020

Weather damage

It was chaos at the hospital yesterday. There had been flooding overnight. As a result you couldn’t get to some of the treatment rooms in the usual way. Someone was allocated to showing us to the appropriate different waiting area. As a result my last visit to Preston took longer than expected. The Fox managed a quick visit to the small supermarket across the way from the hospital & still had a wait for me.

 

At home, the rains & wind of last week caused some damage to the plants in our garden. Our gardener came on Tuesday & was distressed to see so many peonies flat on the ground. As she realised they wouldn’t stand up again she cut some for me to put in a vase inside.

 

Since then I’ve really come to appreciate the peonies. They are a bright pale pink. Their heads remind me of the pompoms you see cheer leaders shaking as they cheer on their side. They also remind me of my hair these days - it’s to do with the random curling of petals & hair. I even half wonder whether I should dye my hair that shade of pink to match the flowers. I don’t expect I will. I’ve never dyed my hair before. By the time hairdressers are open again & I can get an appointment I suspect the silver curls will have gone & I will have forgotten the peonies.

No comments: