Monday 22 June 2020

Indecision

I was up bright & early this morning. The sun was shining. I hastily got my washing out to dry while I had a wash & breakfast. Before preparing dinner I thought I’d check my washing. Some things had dried. Even as I re-arranged the line, I felt the odd drop of water. Should I bring it in? I looked at the paving around me. Yes, there were definitely quite a few drops of water there. I decided to get the airer in. If nothing else the wind seemed to be getting up & the airer is not the most stable of things. I then went round to the line. Should I bring that in? There still didn’t seem much rain. Was it just another very light shower which would stop as soon as it finished? Then I heard a roll of thunder. That decided it. In the rest of the washing came. Once everything was safely upon the airer in the laundry room I returned to the kitchen. The rain has stopped.

 

Since then I’ve been making some lamb pies for dinner.  Another few drops of rain were falling. Should I put everything out again if it brightens up? No. I can’t spend all day running in & out with the washing. It’s far too tiring for me these days. In they will have to stay, at least until tomorrow. By then most of the washing will probably have dried anyhow.

No comments: