Saturday 20 June 2020

Quiet time

The lamb curry is plopping away. It will be re-heatcd this evening & served with rice & naan bread.

 

Yesterday was a strange day. We both found ourselves convinced it was Saturday. After all we should be going down to Preston otherwise, shouldn’t we?

 

We had a quiet day of it, just trying to regain some energy again. 16 trips to Preston, 30+ miles each way, within three weeks is a lot of travelling for us. We’re out of practice. On top of which the Fox had a lot of walking up & down hill as we were rarely able to park near the Rosemere Centre where I was dropped for the treatment. All the visitor car parks seemed to be up the hill, too steep to push me in a wheelchair up. And, of course, for me the treatment also took its toll on my stamina.

 

Next week I should get a call from Oncology to see how I’m doing. I suspect the most they might suggest is another course of bisphosphonates to re-strengthen the bones after all that radiation. Hopefully that will be the end of treatment for this episode in my life. And then we can properly relax.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

So pleased to hear the the treatment is at an end - it has obviously been a drain on both of you so, here's hoping that you can spend some more relaxing time together, enabling a restoration of a degree of physical and emotional stamina!