Thursday 18 June 2020

Last day

The last day! Three cheers! The review yesterday was surprising. The Fox waited impatiently outside – he finds face masks, compulsory in hospitals now for all including patients & other visitors, result in permanently steamed up glasses so he’s taken to waiting outside for me. He expected me to be the usual half hour or so. In fact I was nearer two hours. I had a lot of waiting around before I was called in for the review.

 

The upshot of it is that they’re amazed, positively stunned, by the state of my skin. By now it should be red, peeling a bit, rather like when you have sunburn. Mine has barely changed colour & there’s no sign of peeling. Indeed you would almost think I hadn’t had any radiotherapy. I put it down to diligent use of moisturiser as they recommended & tough skin. For all my skin being very pale & my hair used to have a fair amount of red in it – typical of people who burn easily - I have never burnt, despite being out in hot sun long hours.

 

We’re now looking forward to a quiet weekend. We’ve both found these trips to Preston very tiring. We need a spell of rest before we start to re-enter life & go shopping, visit garden centres, invite friends round, etc.

 

 

 

No comments: