Wednesday 10 June 2020

Off to Paris

The pie filling is cooling down before I put the pastry top on. Today it’s a ham pie using up some leftover roast gammon. I seem to spend half my life using up leftovers one way or another. Still, we usually enjoy the results, even prefer them half the time to the basic roast the meat comes from.

 

Once I’ve done this I’m off to gay Paris. OK, I admit I may not be off there physically but I can visit with the jigsaw of the Pyramid outside the Louvre. I can’t say I like the Pyramid. To me it clashes with the much older style of the Louvre. One of these days I maybe ought to see it closer. Certainly the young people in the picture seem to enjoying sitting there with their feet in the water that surrounds it. Maybe it is more impressive in its reflections. I don’t know.

 


We seem to have been in France a lot lately with Charles Trenet’s “Boum” (a cheery song), Eartha Kitt’s “Sous les Ponts de Paris” (a raunchy version with plenty of innuendo) & Mouloudji’s Comme Un P’tit Coquelicot (like a Little Poppy) to name but a few. We dream of France & wonder if we’ll ever visit the banks of the Seine again and see this city of love.

No comments: