Monday 1 June 2020

Birds & peonies

The sun is shining. My washing is out on the line drying. As I go I look up the main garden & am once more stunned by the deep pinky red balls of the peonies in flower. This year they seem to be remaining tall & stately. Usually they lie down, under the weight of the flower I‘ve always assumed. Maybe though it’s a reflection that we haven’t had much rain to batter them down. And also since the flowers have started to open we’ve only had soft breezes rather strong gales.

 

I also notice the bird table. A starling is on the tray scooping up the lamb fat from yesterday’s dinner. Meanwhile a sparrow or two are tackling the seeds hanging higher up. All very bucolic.

 

I’ve already tackled the dentist to see if he’s opening next week & if so make an appointment to get my tooth sorted out. I’m sure there are probably some more urgent cases but I don’t want to have to wait until my next appointment in August to get this hole filled. They will let me know as soon as they know. It will be wonderful to be pain-free & able to eat again without having to be careful to eat on the other side of my mouth, even be able to eat harder things like nuts.

No comments: