Thursday 4 June 2020

Aches & laughs

My bones around my shoulder ache. The muscles I’ve been loosening up since the op seem to be tightening. I’m assured it’s just the treatment & nothing to worry about. The main thing is my skin remains in good condition. So far, all is well on that score. Clearly the Fox & I are doing a good job of keeping me well greased.

 

Last night was the first night we’ve had a hot meal for once. The weather’s changed. It’s once more overcast & considerably cooler. My appointment yesterday was also later giving me chance to relax a bit before cooking the pie I’d made earlier.

 

As we ate, chuckles kept coming from the Fox. From where he sits at the kitchen dining table, he can see the bird feeder. We’ve finally attracted the birds to it. The starlings fight over a suet & seed cake. The sparrows tackle the seed feeders. If ever they have chance they dash for the suet & seed cake. Down below the woodpigeons & collared doves scoop up any fallen seeds. It’s wonderful to watch it all.

 

Up the garden I see the deep red peonies have been joined by paler pink ones. All still seem to be standing straight despite the wind & rain of the last 24 hours. The lupins are more curvaceous. Ultimately the spikes of flowers reach for the skies but on the way they’ve often bent this way or that.

 

 

No comments: