Sunday 7 June 2020

Rain & wind

It had to happen. The rain & wind of the last few nights & days have flattened the peonies. Once more they are splayed across the flower beds, no longer regal looking.

 

It obviously didn’t rain all last night. Whenever I woke up I could hear the deep thud of music. I cursed the Fox a bit, wondering whether I should get up & remind him about the neighbours on the other side of the wall of our semi. Then I realised the music was coming in through the open window of our bedroom. Someone was obviously having a party despite self-isolating & social distancing rules. It went on long into the night. The last time I looked at the clock it was 2.15am & it was still going on.

 

So today I’m already feeling weary. In theory our gardener is coming today. She rang yesterday to say that, as the weather was supposed to be better today, she’d leave coming till then. So far I would say the reality has been greyer & wetter today. The only improvement is that the wind has abated. We’ll see if she comes. I’ve unlocked the gate in the hope but I suspect she’ll leave it.

No comments: