Friday 12 June 2020

Tired

We’re really looking forward to tomorrow – no trip to Preston. Two whole days at home. We’re both getting very tired, partly from all the travelling &, in my case, the fatigue resulting from the treatment. It is noticeable we start the week feeling fresh & quite enjoy the change of scene. By midweek tiredness kicks in. I’m in bed, & asleep, before 9pm.

 

Today it is some relief to think the Fox is cooking so I’ve had no food preparation. However, I have been busy with doing the ironing so it’s not been the most relaxing morning. That’s now done for another week.

 

I’m also relieved to think I’m now well over half way through this radiotherapy course. Hopefully, after that, life can get back to some sort of normality. The shops should be open so hopefully I can finally get that battery for my watch. I’m also intending to do the supermarket shop with the Fox again & see just what is in store & have an idea of what is in short supply these days. Once the weather improves – it’s cold & wet today – we’re hoping to invite groups of friends round for drinks in our garden. All socially distanced of course. It will be great to see them again.

 

I’m forced to admit I’d sooner live a normal life, do the things we usually do, see our friends, than this enforced isolation. I quite see the point of social distancing & being aware of others so as not to get too close. I also see the point of washing our hands frequently & trying to avoid putting our hands too near our faces. I appreciate there is a risk of one of us catching the virus but at least it won’t affect my cancer treatment now. That should be finished. And the NHS should have a clearer idea of what works & what doesn’t work if we do catch it. The probability is that even if we do catch it, it will be no worse than having flu or a bad cold even though the Fox is over 70 & I’m recovering from treatment for cancer. Above all life is for living, not just existing as I feel we are now. There’s a big difference between the two.

No comments: