Monday 28 February 2011

Nearly ready

We're nearly ready for the off. One man has already been round to check on stop taps, electircity & central heating boiler. We're packed. PD is getting in such a state about our going away that I did most of the packing yesterday so we can get to the Pub today. We're both feeling very tired, very stressed and not a little despondent. We feel as though we're being turfed out of our own home to go to Cyprus, not our first choice of destinations. I'm telling myself, & the Fox, all will be easier once we get going.


So tomorrow we're off. We're staying in a hotel near the airport. Hopefully we're meeting up with the Fox's brother for the evening. Maybe that will help us feel in holiday mood.


I suppose what is worrying me more is getting back. I'm assuming they've finished in the bathroom, but they can't fix things like grab rails without me being here to show them where my hands naturally go to grab a rail. I tried to organise the Occupational Therapist to come on as soon as we're back, but they can't arrange anything until we're back. I'll make sure I have my last shower just before we leave Cyprus as I can see it may take time to sort out the grab bar & seat for me to have a shower at home. I just hope they can get here within the week.


As if that isn't enough, I've got a couple of trips to the medics already arranged for the first week after we're back. I even got sent a hospital appointment for while we're away - nothing to worry about, just a routine breast-screening - which I'm in the process of getting re-scheduled.


It's always tiring getting back. It won't be helped by the fact that the flight times have been changed so now we won't arrive back in Manchester until 1am & then we will still have to drive up here. That will be another hour plus travelling before we get home. Then there's all that washing & ironing to do, a big food shop to re-stock the shelves & fridge, post to wade through, friends to catch up on etc without these extra things to do & worry about.


I'm just hoping, once we've left the house & are safely down in Manchester, we'll be able to forget them all until we come back. Here's hoping!
 

No comments: