Monday 14 February 2011

Tiring times

I can see it's just as well there's no cooking for me to do today. It's turning into a pretty traumatic one already.

Today is the day for my annual blood pressure & blood let. I casually mention that my ankles are swelling up a bit in the evening. Instantly I'm told I must see the doctor soon, a view which seems to be reinforced when the nurse can't find any pulse & my blood is exceptionally reluctant to come out of their veins.On the way out of the surgery I make an appointment. We'll be back at the surgery for 1.30. It seems to be regarded as urgent. I've had the problem for a few weeks. There's no pain but they regard it as urgent. We'll see what the doc says this afternoon.

Meanwhile I'm having problems with my response to the Disability Living Allowance consultation document. It seems the government's interactive IT system has gone down. There's a message to send in responses by e-mail instead. They don't bother to state whether what had been saved has gone through or not. My initial reaction is to say the failure is a reflection of the government's lack of real interest in what any responses may be. They are giving repliers a few extra days to reply in, so I am telling myself I'm just being cynical. I'll just have to have a few days of concerted work to reply to all the questions, or at least as many as I can in the time allowed. 

I feel I was making some important points, so I feel I should have another go. Whether they're read is a different matter. But it is tiring on me to do it again. This may end up being my last block for a few days as I'll be too busy on the response.

No comments: