Monday 7 February 2011

All that noise

It's been a wild weekend.The rattle of bin lids flying around the street has been almost constant.Our  refuse bins & recycling boxes are in the garden shed but I'm left wondering what you can do if you don't have a shed or garage to put them in. Then there's the regular slashing of rain on the windows. I'm not surprised there's been flooding in some areas. I tell myself it's nothing by comparison with what Australia's been having this winter. I'm grateful to think we put a new roof on top of our home a few years ago. It was shedding tiles like nobody's business & this has certainly been the weather to encourage them to fly.

All this weather has at least encouraged us to have a quiet weekend. The Fox was out of Saturday, too groggy with cold. But on Sunday he revived sufficiently to cook dinner, my first day off for a week. It was only quick & simple, fish fingers, chips & peas. He admitted all the movement did take a bit of a toll on him, but at least he managed & without any immediate adverse effect in the evening. Maybe he's finally managed to conquer the bug. Hope so.

In theory, tomorrow I'm going to a meeting about the proposed Adult Social Services cuts. Whether I go or not very much depends on how the Fox is. I don't fancy driving to the university in the morning, spending half the day there & driving back late afternoon. I just get too tired & liable to fall off to sleep at the steering wheel. So we'll see what happens. Meanwhile I'm off back to the Disability Living Allowance consultation document & getting my answers drawn up & sent.

No comments: