Saturday 12 February 2011

It's on its way

The Fox suddenly comments on the front garden. Regular readers will know this is my herb garden, the one bit of the garden I've planted & tended all by myself. Al, our gardener keeps an eye on the back garden which is far to big & low for me to cope with, though he did allow me to plant up the bog garden.

Anyhow the front garden is my pride & joy. I regularly raid it for culinary purposes. But some plants I've put in for a bit of colour or a change of texture, rather than practicality. They all have herbal or medicinal properties. 

What has caught the Fox's eye are the first signs of spring. There are a couple of little stands of golden crocuses & a few snowdrops coming into flower. The oregano, too, is starting to look fresher as new life flows in. At the bottom of the fennel the first bright green fronds are  uncurling. Spring is on its way there's no question about it, even though I suspect we've still got a bit more winter & cold weather to go.

No comments: