Wednesday 2 February 2011

On the mend

It is with some relief that I say that the Fox is on the mend. He managed to emerge most of the day from his blanket & make the effort to chat a bit. He even watched the TV a bit with more attention. He's still far from his normal self but at least he's heading the right way.

Today I'll have to make a trip to the shops. We're short of milk, potatoes & butter. We'll run out of the milk this evening I would think. The rest will last one more day at most. The Fox is hoping to venture out with me. He's got to the stage of feeling a bit stir crazy, always a good sign. We'll see how he's doing by the time I'm ready to go.

Meanwhile it's back to basic cooking. Breakfast for dinner today. I've got some beautiful-looking back bacon. It came from our usual farmer so it should be good. To that I'll add an egg each, some baked beans & chips. As I say breakfast for dinner.

I'm quite looking forward to doing something more ambitious, but, without the Fox's help but with the extra exhaustion from fussing around the Fox & keeping myself going unaided, I think simplicity is the key. Something to fill the hole but is quick & easy to do & with minimum washing up. Gourmet dining can wait.

No comments: