Wednesday 9 February 2011

Forgotten treasures

It's amazing what sometimes you find when going down the freezer. So it is that today we're having pheasant. The other half of the brace we had a while ago. This one has been sitting at the bottom of the freezer for ages. Still, I'm proposing to braise it along with some dried & rehydrated porcini mushrooms. It will certainly be something different.

Yesterday, the Fox finally felt up to cooking. He made some turkey muffn pizzas ie the pizza bases were split muffins. He enjoyed doing it. I enjoyed having a day off cooking. And the meal was simple but flavoursome. The tomato spread on the base tasted really fresh with a good herby finish.

 It's good to have the Fox more like himself again. Now I feel I can start to let go & relax a bit, get on top of my tiredness & aches. I can start to turn my thoughts to a holiday in Cyprus.. It's coming up fast.

No comments: