Friday 25 February 2011

Reassured

The phone rings. It's the company who are doing the bathroom. We've not heard from them since we put in the order. I've been telling myself not to worry as there's nothing much to say until next week. Anyhow they've just rung in case we're starting our holiday on Saturday. If we were, they thought they ought to ring to arrange the collection of a key. I assured them we weren't leaving until Tuesday so we would be in when they arrived. We thought that wise just in case there were some last minute questions to answer & to show them where stop taps, fuse box etc were. 

It's curiously reassuring to know they were still expecting to come on Tuesday, that they had remembered we were going away and were efficient enough to check about key arrangements before we maybe went away. After the Fox hearing tales of workmen who started but didn't complete a job when someone went away for 3 weeks, I feel these people seem reasonably organised & on the ball. It's always a little anxious-making when it is someone you don't know. We've warned our neighbours of what is happening in our absence. They will keep an eye on things while we're away.

I'm also a little reassured by my reading. We bought a guidebook on Cyprus. The chapter on Paphos was very dry reading. Most of the places it mentioned we saw when we last visited Cyprus. But as I progressed to the chapters on the Limassol & Troodos mountain areas my interest has perked up a bit, even though the writing is still as dry as can be. It's certainly not the sort of book that inspires much!

Meanwhile, today, I'm off to the hairdresser's. It's time for a holiday shearing. And it's a suitably wet day too, just right to wash out any styling by the time I get home. Fortunately the Fox is going to take me up in the car so I shouldn't get too wet.

No comments: