Thursday 3 February 2011

Flagging

The time has come to admit I'm flagging. Tiredness sweeps over me in great waves most of the time. I even contemplated bed before 7pm last night. It's just as well the Fox is on the mend. I'm just hoping the outing to the shops yesterday (see his blog) hasn't put him too far back.

And what have I done to make myself so exhausted? Apart from fretting over the Fox, I haven't done a tremendous amount more. I've made, cooked, cleared & washed up after, every meal unaided. But then I do cook most days, & often more elaborate meals than I've done this week. I've not had my mid-week break when the Fox cooks, but that, along with the washing up, is about all that's extra.

I've made more teas, & taken them through to the lounge so we can sit further apart - we've been doing our best to avoid me going down too. I've been getting up from chairs without the Fox's help, though most of the time I've used my electric riser recliner chair so that shouldn't be too much effort. 

But I'm whacked. It goes to show how little upsets the delicate balance of my well-being, just how dependent I am for the Fox's assistance to achieve what I do. His well-being is essential for my well-being. I suspect that's nothing new. It's always been important for my happiness, just not always for my physical well-being.

Hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

No comments: