Tuesday 8 February 2011

"Guilty"

As you can see I've not got to my meeting at the university. Last night I dithered for ages but finally came to the conclusion it really wasn't wise. Much as I feel the proposed cuts in the provision of adult social services is important & that the council just might take more notice of a spoken voice rather than a written response - they still haven't answered the question I asked in my response as to the whereabouts of this meeting! - it doesn't alter the fact that the timing sucks. With the Fox having been ill all last week, I'm already very tired. I was ready for bed last night by 9pm. It took me over a week to recover from the two hour local meeting. Five hours of discussion will just about kill me off. The Fox assures me he is up to taking me. I'm not entirely certain if that wouldn't result in a second relapse. No, I concluded, I just have to accept I'm disabled. I'm not Superwoman. I've sent in written responses. That will have to do.

So this morning I'm awake at 7am, earlier than usual but the time I would need to get up in order to attend the meeting. Conscience strikes. It says "Guilty", which is always conscience's role as the Fox points out. The inner voice continued, "You're just being lazy". Despite feeling I ought to make the effort to set off, I stick to the conclusion that it is just too much, especially when I end up wondering how much the authorities even listen at these consultation session.

Wouldn't it be nice if one of these days conscience could come to the verdict of innocent?!

No comments: