Saturday 26 February 2011

The new look

We pick PD up on the way to the Pub. He instantly comments how good my new look is. The Fox instantly comments that I look like a mushroom. PD thinks this is no way to speak to me & says as much.

At the Pub, Fran & Den and Mr P all say good things about the new hair-do. PD then goes on to comment how the Fox had said I look like a mushroom. They, too, were put out and protested that I was nothing of the sort.


Personally it doesn't bother me. I agree with the Fox. I even take his words as a compliment, far more valuable than the rest. I had a mushroom look 30 odd years ago & felt it suited me then. It's a joyous & fun look, a bit cheeky as I can be at times. I feel it makes me look younger even though the mushroom is now silver grey rather than chestnut brown-red of old. I know the Fox loves his mushrooms, including me. I know he has looked, seen & appreciated. I can ask no more.


The rest were also bemused to realise that we were having mushrooms in yesterday's dinner, Suffolk pastry, a sort of vol-au-vent with a bacon & mushroom filling.


Maybe a mutual love of mushrooms is what keeps us together. Certainly a few jokey comments help.

No comments: