Wednesday 23 February 2011

Getting ready

Usually at this time before going away on holiday, I'd be in a frenzy deciding how best to use up the fresh food in the fridge. But not this time. Somehow there seems to be very little in it. It's more a case of deciding on meals that won't leave half tins of this or that. 

The fresh veg to use up consists of two red peppers, some cherry tomatoes, some spring onions and some chillis. As I say not much. All of them can go in a last minute stir fry. After yesterday's meal there's a half tin of tomatoes also. 

So instead I'm working my way down the freezer once more. Today's it's floddies - to the uninitiated they're somewhere between bacon rostis & bacon pancakes. We'll have a whole tin of baked beans to accompany them. Simple but satisfying.

I'm not sure whether I'm looking forward to, or dreading this holiday. I felt we exhausted this particular corner of Cyprus when we visited there nearly 10 years ago. I would have preferred going elsewhere but it was more of a case of finding at short notice a disabled room at a reasonable price, preferably in a place where we stood a chance of a bit of sunshine & warmth. It hasn't helped with the Fox coming back from the barber's having heard the tale of woman who went away for 3 weeks while her bathroom was done. She returned to find the bathroom stripped bare but nothing new installed. It took another 3 months for them to complete the bathroom. I hope our installers are going to do better than that! I suppose, too, I'm still anxious about what this call-in to the surgery is about. I really don't want yet more problems, more complications, more medication.

No comments: