Friday 10 July 2020

Once more

I finally got to Oncology this week. The conclusion – the bumps that have appeared on my collar bone & around the base of my neck are almost certainly cancer once more. The fight begins again.

 

I’m now waiting for an appointment for another CT scan to check it is indeed cancer & to see just how far it has spread. I have another appointment to see the Oncologist in a fortnight’s time to consider what to do next.

 

At the moment, if it is just in a small area I am tempted to see if I can be forwarded back to Wythenshawe hospital to see if Mr Murphy, the surgeon who operated in March, would consider operating again. Certainly here they would not consider operating on the neck side of the collar bone, as these lumps are.

 

However, if the cancer is more widespread then I suppose it will have to be chemo again. It would be a different type of chemo though I haven’t had details of what would be offered.

 

One good thing. I kept my wig. It looks as though it may be needed again.

No comments: