Thursday 16 July 2020

CT scan

Tuesday was the day of my CT scan. At 8am in Kendal would you believe!? Kendal is around 25 miles away from here. Admittedly there wasn’t much traffic on the road at that time of day.

 

We arrived a little early. The only person in Out-Patients was the cleaner. She welcomed us in. We then had to wait outside X-ray until that opened up. Needless to say I was the first patient so once the various departments had opened up I was straight in.

 

After a delay while they fought to find a vein to put the dye in – they’d had to take blood from my foot the previous week for the pre-scan tests & even then they only managed to fill two half phials rather than the three phials they usually do – the scan was soon done & we were on the road back home again.

 

Now we wait for the results next week.

 

Our friends meanwhile are all scurrying to the hairdressers’. The Fox even went to the barbers’ yesterday. While one bit of me thinks it might be nice to get my hair into some sort of shape – it’s just a curling mass of silver at the moment – another bit says if I’m going to start chemo again soon, it’s a waste of time & money. If I’m going to lose my hair again, it isn’t worth the bother, and money.

 

No comments: