Wednesday 1 July 2020

Getting back to normal

I finally got a letter from the government saying I no longer have to be sheltered. I personally gave up on that idea when I finished the radiotherapy treatment.

 

It was lovely last week to go to the supermarket with the Fox. It was good to see what was actually on the shelves these days. I fully intend to do the same this week. It’s strange I’ve always thought the food shop was a rather tedious chore that has to be done if we are to eat. But I have missed going, seeing what’s available as well as seeing other people going about their shopping, having a little chat with the till operatives.

 

It was also good to get to that party last week & see some friends face to face, even if we did try to stay apart.

 

I’ve also appreciated getting a new battery for my watch. I’d forgotten how much time can be spent winding up an old wind-up watch. I also like a watch with a second hand which my mother’s wind-up doesn’t have. As for the number of times I’ve looked at my wrist to see the date to find it wasn’t there with her watch.

 

Life is slowly getting back to normal. We aren’t planning on rushing to the pub or club immediately. We’ll wait until things settle down a bit. We’re certainly not thinking of foreign holidays this year. We are hoping, though, to get a break in Britain. There are so many beautiful parts of this country, not to mention so many places of historic & other cultural interest to visit. Even that break will wait for a while, probably until September & the schools are back.

 

But first I need to finish my hospital visits. We’re off to Kendal hospital next week to see Oncology just to make certain all is well & nothing more needs to be done immediately. Hopefully another CT scan in 6 months’ time will be all that’s required. Fingers crossed.

No comments: