Monday 6 July 2020

Confused

Yesterday was a strange sort of day. As I lay in bed, trying to raise the enthusiasm to get up, I considered what I needed to do that morning. Scrape some potatoes, find the sausage for dinner, take some peas out of the freezer, locate a nice bottle of red wine to accompany the pork stuffed tomatoes the Fox was going to make. Then I realised that it was Sunday, not Monday. The Fox was going to make Kipper & Egg Kedgeree & all I needed to do was boil some eggs. With that I got up. I boiled an extra egg for my breakfast.

 

One of the first things the Fox commented on when he got up was that he, too, had lain in bed, going through in his mind what he had to do. His first thought was to get me to the dentist to get this filling seen. Then he, too, realised it was Sunday, not Monday. His day for a quick vacuum & tidy up.

 

All this being home, not doing much, has really screwed up our sense of time & date. Today I have at least got around to parboiling some potatoes to sauté to accompany the stuffed tomatoes & taken the sausage out of the freezer.

 

I’m hoping now things are settling a bit more, we can get back to our normal schedule of weekly activity. Admittedly not this week, when we have our cleaner coming on a different day from usual, a trip to the dentist & a visit to Kendal hospital, none of which happens normally. We’re hoping somewhere along the way we will bump into friends as we visit our local pub or the golf club. Even that I can’t imagine will seem quite normal with staff serving at the table, & them wearing face masks. We’ll just have to see how it goes.

 

 

No comments: