Tuesday 21 July 2020

A near miss

WE toodled along to the village pub again yesterday, to meet another couple of friends who we’ve not seen since Covid-19 arrived.

 

As we drove out of the car park to go home, another car sped round the corner into the car park, presuming there would be nobody coming out. The Fox hastily slammed down on the brake so avoiding a collision. I lurched forward in my seat belt. The pain was incredible as the biggest of these cancerous(?) lumps pressed into the belt. I gasped in agony. The Fox reckoned I went white as a sheet. As soon as I got home I hit the painkillers. The lump throbbed for the rest of the evening &, by not much after 9pm, I went to bed unable to cope with more. The Fox was virtually in tears seeing me in such distress.

 

This incident has only increased my impatience to get the result of last week’s CT scan & hopefully start some sort of treatment plan, even if it is just stronger painkillers. Roll on the end of the week & those results.

No comments: