Wednesday 29 July 2020

A shock

I thought I’d put on a blouse today that I haven’t worn for a while, Even when I have it’s been over a jumper during the winter months. It has come as a shock to me that it is now only feasible to wear it over something.

 

It’s sleeveless. The top button of the blouse is low, just above the bra I’m wearing. I look in the mirror. On my right side all looks well. The collar stands up around my neck. The left side is a different matter. The soft material is drawn down into the hollow left by my recent operation. The biggest lump protrudes out, leaving me looking badly mis-shapened. I’ve hastily put a cardigan on & done up the top couple of buttons. As I say, this is not a blouse to be worn again without a jumper under it to cover that lump until such time as the lump shrinks with chemo (if it ever does).

 

 Is this the only item of clothing that I’m no longer going to feel appropriate to wear, particularly in summer? I wonder…

No comments: