Thursday 2 July 2020

Grey

The day is grey. It seems to have been raining most of the morning. It reflects our mood – also grey.

 

Today I’ve got as far as boiling some eggs & cooking some broccoli for a salad tonight. We’re looking forward to getting to the butcher & hopefully buying a leg of pork to roast over the weekend. I've also got the ironing done.

 

I think the length of time in lockdown is what is really getting us down. Especially now the weather has turned so miserable so we’re not attracted to relaxing outside in the sunshine & warmth. The not doing anything much seems more daunting for that glimpse of something more. We’re even missing the daily trips down to Preston. They gave some purpose & meaning to getting up each day. I suppose seeing friends last week, too, has made us miss them all the more.

 

In theory the end is in sight with pubs, clubs & restaurants opening. I just dread everything closing as quickly as they open as they have in Leicester. The little extra freedom we gain being taken away from us so quickly.

 

As I say we’re both rather grey now. It’s been so long!

No comments: