Thursday 21 May 2020

Another tattoo


I’ve gained another tattoo. For someone who doesn’t like tattoos I seem to be collecting them. This is my third.

The tattoos, just dots, act as guidelines for the aiming of the radiotherapy beams. Precision is essential.

I originally had two done three years ago, one on my side & one in the cleavage. I thought if necessary & they were too conspicuous I could extend the tattoos into something pretty, a flower or a bird perhaps. However, I did nothing. It’s just as well as the tat in the cleavage is now needed for this lot of radiotherapy, only now I’ve got one mid-breast to.

As I lay there having the tattoo done I couldn’t help wondering what they would do if I was a follower of fashion. These days so many women seem to sport tattoos all over themselves. How on earth do the radiographers distinguish those marks they put in for measurement as opposed to those people have used to adorn themselves? At least my skin is a fairly clean piece of skin to mark up!

No comments: