Wednesday 21 December 2016

Tattooed



It may be after 7am, but here it’s still the dark of night. I’m surprised to see the security light on outside, illuminating the patio area of the back garden. Then I see it. Around the raised bed a furry black face appears, with blue/green eyes – a cat. It stares at me, obviously aware of being watched. A rattle of the door handle soon sends it off down the garden & over the fence to next door.

Yesterday saw our first trip down to Preston. I’m now the tattooed lady – two small blue/black dots. One is in the centre of my chest & so may be visible if I wear of lower necked top. I’ll see what I think come the summer. I’ll not be wearing anything that low at this time of year. Who knows it may become part of a tattoo flower or bird later on. The other one is down my side, only likely to be visible if I wore a bikini, which I never do so that’s okay.

We now know the radiotherapy treatment will begin in January, probably for three consecutive weeks. I confess I’m already worried about it in that I felt shattered by the time we left & that is after just one trip. The idea of five trips a week is exhausting. They assure me I will probably feel fatigue only by the last week but I already have problems with fatigue now due to my knees before I’ve even properly got started on the new regime.

It didn’t help in that we decided to come back by the A-road rather than the motorway & stop at the Barton Grange garden centre. My home help has enthused about the Christmas display there. It certainly was fabulous. We loved the snowscapes with the lit up houses, moving skaters on the frozen pond, children on the swings, windmills with sails turning – a real magic world. We didn’t buy anything though we were tempted by some of the desserts. However, they either had to go in the freezer - & our freezer is full – or be eaten before Christmas. We also contemplated a copper chiminea, as a useful place to burn more sensitive papers, a heater for the patio area on cooler evening & even a possible small BBQ. We didn’t buy. We thought we’d have another think come the summer.

The trip caused some confusion to our Satnav. We updated it only a few days ago. However, the Bay Gateway still hasn’t been acknowledged. As a result it got very confused as we made our away across fields where no roads existed it thought. I have to confess I thought the join onto the motorway was rather confusing. Maybe we just need a bit more practice & we’ll certainly have that come January.

But until then we can now relax. The Fox is even off for his first massage before Christmas. Hopefully that will leave him relaxed & reinvigorated. We’re curious to see.


No comments: