Sunday 18 December 2016

Yet more things to do



We have a busy week ahead.

As you may remember I had my teeth checked out a month ago, before I had my first chemo treatment. Guess what. On Friday a bit of a filling fell out. I instantly rang the dentist & got an appointment for Monday & just hoped the pain wouldn't be too bad in the meanwhile. As the day went on, after a bacon butty the crevice seemed to disappear & I began to think I’d been overly hasty in making the appointment. Maybe I had just chipped an edge off leaving a rather sharp edge. Yesterday I got up thinking that I maybe ought to cancel the appointment come Monday. Then I went to brush my teeth. Suddenly I was gagging on a great rock – the whole large filling was now out. Thank goodness I’ve got that appointment. So much for getting my teeth checked out to avoid dental treatment for a while after the chemo. Or is this another side effect of the chemo? Either way something has to be done. Meanwhile I’m eating very gently on the other side of my mouth, fearing that what’s left of my tooth will disintegrate at any moment.

Then we have our first trip down to Preston to have a scan & a tattoo. We’ll no doubt have a clearer idea then as to how long, & how tiring, the trip will be & when the radiotherapy course will begin. Presumably it won’t be until 2017 now.

Then, yesterday the post brought a letter from our GP surgery for the Fox. Although his bloods had proved fine, according to the receptionist when we rang for the results earlier in the week, the doctor wants to see the Fox to discuss the results. We’re now wondering if the receptionist is wrong & there is something to worry about concerning his health. Or is the doctor just checking whether the symptoms are still persisting? They are, though they do seem to have eased a bit now he isn’t worrying so much about them. This suggests to us that she was right in thinking his problem is stress. Hopefully the massages from Cancercare will ease that & my continued good health despite the cancer treatment. Anyhow it’s another appointment to make.

On top of that there is all the last minute Christmas things to do. The tree & all the decorations are going up today. We’ve had an extra this year – a wreath made of tiny pine cones made by our gardener. There will also be the odds & ends of food shopping – the majority of it was done this week so there shouldn’t be too much. There’s the library to visit & prescriptions to collect. It’s all go.

Above all I feel this year is a year to celebrate. I’m still alive & kicking. (Corr, that’s a sign of how I’m also getting on top of my depression!)

No comments: