Tuesday 27 December 2016

Nervous



I’m somewhat nervously making a beef curry for dinner.

Why nervously?

The last time I made a curry was the day after I had my chemo infusion. In the evening, after eating the curry, I ended up feeling very nauseous. My stomach has since settled down. I’m telling myself by now my body has time to adjust to the chemicals floating around in my body so I should be fine after eating it. I’ve managed other spicy food so all should be well.

It also has to be admitted the last time one of us cooked with stewing beef/braising steak, the meal was so awful we ended up throwing it out & going off for a meal at Ricky’s, our favourite Cantonese restaurant. It’s rare we make such a hash of a meal. Hopefully this time the meat will be so well cooked it will just melt in the mouth.

Fingers crossed on both counts.

No comments: