Saturday 31 December 2016

Red & itchy



As per instructions I have been moisturising my left breast daily, ready for the radiotherapy. I’ve been using the recommending moisturiser, E45. I’ve been doing this for the last couple of weeks.

Today I’ve abandoned it. By now my abdomen, shoulder & upper arm, right breast, are all covered by what looks like a red rash. It is becoming increasingly itchy & a little blistery looking. As for my left breast it is feeling sorer than it did after the op. Clearly this moisturiser is not for me.

Now I’m just hoping the skin will have settled down by Tuesday so the treatment can go ahead.  Maybe the hospital can suggest an alternative moisturiser. Or maybe, if my skin is truly dried out after the treatment, the skin will react differently. I’m sceptical.

Either way it will not stop me achieving the main purpose of this blog. And that is to wish you all

Happy New Year

And to thank you all for any words of support, not to mention cyberhugs, you’ve sent. I’m just hoping 2017 is going to be a good year, better than this for us.

No comments: