Monday 2 January 2017

The wait comes to an end



I’ve got a ratatouille softening down. I’m either going to use it to stuff an omelette or put some lightly poached eggs on top. I’ve not quite decided which yet.

I’m doing a few things now while I still can. This used up quite a few fresh veg as well as some fresh picked tarragon. The latter never lasts long, no matter how good it looks on the supermarket shelf.

Later on we’re hoping to meet up with friends at the golf club. It might be the last opportunity for a while.

The Fox is going to do a slow cook through the night tonight. That will make for something quick & easy to warm up tomorrow, after our hospital trip.

Then, come Tuesday, the radiotherapy treatment begins. From then on it will be trips to Preston every weekday for the next 15 days. I’m not sure at this point what time we will be going, nor how I will react. I gather it is likely to be tiring. (I could have told them that just from the amount of travelling - about 25 miles each way - & what’s more tiring for both us.) On top of that there’s the possible cumulative effect of the radiation itself. 

With this in mind, I feel I ought to warn you I might not be on-line for a while. I can see life is going to be busy with recovering from treatment & fitting in essential chores. I will try to write again when I feel up to it. Who knows that may be Wednesday!

2 comments:

Malcolm said...

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you as you undergo the radiotherapy - gentle cyberhugs to you and the Fox as he undertakes the daily run. God Bless.

The Oxcliffe Fox said...

Thank you. Cyberhugs & prayers are always welcome. The vixen