Wednesday 11 January 2017

Tingling



On Monday I had my first Indian head massage. I wasn’t quite sure what I was expecting.

The massage was mainly around the shoulder/upper back area, though she did work on my head through my hair, my ears, forehead, temples & cheekbones.

It was curiously relaxing. Down my arms a wondrous healing tingling was set up. It reminded me of the feeling of chi coursing through the body when you have acupuncture. (I once had some acupuncture in the hope of some pain relief. That was abandoned as my skin ended up bruising badly.) Clearly some of the points where she stayed in the one place vibrating were similar pressure points.

As a result I slept deeper, if not longer, on Monday night. The Fox seemed to think there was a glow about me yesterday, at least in the morning. It seemed to die as the wearing effect of yet another trip down to Preston & another dose of radiotherapy took their toll. Still it was good to feel a bit more energy even if it was only for a short time.

Today is the Fox’s turn for a massage once more. I hope he feels similarly unwound.

No comments: