Monday 30 January 2017

Bird watch



I did the garden watch over the weekend.

I tried first on Saturday. It was a damp & miserable day. As predicted the birds stayed away where they could remain dry. All I saw in two hours were a couple of wood-pigeons. Gulls flew overhead. The odd tit dashed across so quickly it was impossible to identify which tit. Hopeless.

Sunday was quite a different day. Overnight we had some snow. By the morning most had gone. However, the soil was still white & frozen. The birds were clearly getting desperate for food in this cold weather & a more representative sample of our regular visitors came by, including a beautiful goldfinch with his painted clown face.

Now I just have to put in my results with the RSPB. This may prove harder than I thought as I seem to be having difficulty with our internet connection. I’ll just have to persevere. I will have succeeded if you are able to read this blog.

No comments: