Thursday 5 January 2017

Surviving



So far we’re surviving. The first day was very tiring but at least we now had the timetable & could do something to organise our lives around it.

We seem to be going down to Preston at all hours from 8.45am until 5pm. We’ve managed to re-arrange for Linda, our home help, to come at more convenient times to fit in with the schedule. The Fox has managed to fit in his massages. I’m due to start my Indian head massages next week & again we’ve managed to fit it in around the hospital times.

Having said that we were put out today. My appointment was for 10.45am. We got there to be greeted with “Oh! Your appointments for 4.45pm. It’s been rearranged. Didn’t they tell you?” No they hadn’t. We finally managed to be fitted in at about 11.30am. So much for their timetables!

We’ve already driven more miles this week than we usually do in a month. The trip to Preston is nearer 30 miles each way. We’re telling ourselves it will do the car good to have a few good runs.

Yesterday the Fox went for his massage after my hospital trip. While he was having his treatment, I was delighted to look out of the window to see 3-4 jays flying around the wood outside. We don’t often see these birds around here. However, their bright blue flashes on their wings are unmistakeable. I’ve never noticed before how white their rumps are. I was particularly impressed as our calendar for January 2017 features a jay.

The Fox is in charge of the cooking at the moment. I will do my bit at the weekend, although today I did manage to peel some spuds for dinner. We’re having simple, easy to prepare meals at the moment. So today is breakfast-for-dinner with sausages, bacon, black pudding, baked beans & chips. My contribution will be the egg frying. Tomorrow will be something we slow-cooked months ago & froze. That will just need a quick warm up. At the moment the main thing is that we have something to keep us going that doesn’t involve too much effort when we’re both getting very tired. Next week I suspect we might have some meals out as a change. We’re taking each day as it comes & deciding what to do according to how we feel.

No comments: