Wednesday 25 January 2017

Pleasure in little things



It’s a beautiful sunny morning. We’ve had a series of grey damp days which makes this day or the more welcome.

With the sun my spirits are also rising. Oh the joy of not having to go down to Preston! Yesterday I was able to get up at 7.30 am, a time when it was light enough to see around, even if not full daylight. Today it was nearer 8 before I emerged.

It’s the little things that give me such pleasure. It’s the not having to do things without having one eye on the clock as we’ll have to be ready for the off soon.

It’s great to get back to my jigsaws & to be able to read my books in peace. Even going to the supermarket yesterday had a novelty. It was the first big shop this year.

I can dress in what I want. Normally, at this time of year,  I wear about 4 layers on my top half, but of late, through the week, it’s been down to two for speed of changing at the hospital. Today I’m even wearing a skirt. I generally prefer to wear a skirt. I feel they are more flattering to my figure, but trousers are more practical, especially when you have to climb on & off beds at a hospital. Admittedly I’m back to two layers on top today. It’s my Indian head massage day for which I need a strappy top & a quick change.

The Fox is looking forward to his massage too. He’s feeling weary after having driven a thousand miles this year - far more than he usually does. Now we need a relax & a resurgence of some energy.

Life is slowly getting back to normality. I’m even beginning to feel a bit less tender than I have of late. There is still appointments to come but at least there is time for a breather.

We’ve also been able to cook a bit more adventurously, with the Fox making Scallops & Chorizo with Lemon Butter yesterday.

Our home is once more looking clean. It’s been very difficult to arrange a time for our home help to come during this period & the Fox has been far too tired to do much. She did manage to get her last week, but yesterday, she was back to her normal day. This was only her second visit since the week before Christmas. That seems a long time ago.

It’s also been good to have chance to start to catch up on friends, some of whom we’ve seen this week for the first time this year.

It’s so good to get back into our comfy rut. We’re not quite there yet, but it’s wonderful not to have the thought at the back of your mind that you have to get ready to go to Preston & the hospital. It’s good to be home.

No comments: